So we went to visit Josh this weekend... and there will be more pictures etc. from that. We went out on our second camping adventure ever since Robbie was born. The first was a complete and total disaster, so it's taken us over a year to recoop and try again. This time was a success, but more about that later.
The drive is a little over three hours from Cleveland to our house. First of all, Robbie was just about all the way better (he had been sick for over two weeks prior) and while we were camping got totally sick all over again. Total bummer. And you want to know the worst of it? (Confession coming...) I was more concerned about myself (mostly my mental well-being) than him! Anyways, so he's super sick and we're driving for what felt like all day long...
We finally FINALLY pull up to our house! I'm tired, trying to talk on the phone, carry in a ton of crap, get the kids inside and say hi to the neighbors all at the same time. Robbie takes off down the street and I have to throw down the groceries etc. to go get him. The story goes on... finally we get in the house.
Problem #1: It smells like crap. Problem/Explanation #2: Mariah tells me that there is in fact crap sitting in the toilet. (keep in mind, we've been gone six days) Problem #3 and #4: I didn't finish doing the dishes or take out the trash before we left... so the house smelt horrible and now I had all this stuff to do on top of bringing everything in from the car and unpacking it... to say the least, I wasn't in the best mood.
Mariah comes upstairs to 'check' on me (I think I had been yelling at the plunger which kept flipping inside out and getting NASTY POOP WATER ON ME!!!). "What's wrong mom?" I told her I was just tired and grumpy and sad that our house stunk. She gave me the best hug ever and told me I could hold the soft pillow she was had in her hands and her 'mana' (her special blanket she sleeps with). Then she wanted to open a package we had gotten from my mom.
She pulls out some fun goodies for her and Robbie and then something for me... magnets for the fridge! (I love magnets!) She pulls them out one at a time as I read them out loud - 'Hope' 'Peace' and 'Dream'.
I smiled and realized that everything will be okay. Talk about perfect timing... thanks Mom.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
perfect timing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Man- you are such a good writer! I think that you should write for a column or something. Everything that you put in words is so darn entertaining:) Isnt it funny how kids minds work. They are so simple and so sweet- to them soft pillows and blankets really do make any problem better. I wanna be more like that! Trent said that you should have asked for a knife to stab the plush pillow- thats what adults are like:) Ha ha... I miss you guys lots! Cant wait to hear more about the camping trip~ wish that I could have been there to camp and help you unpack:)
Post a Comment