Sunday, November 9, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things...

Mariah and I were in our office and I had just made up the couch. She was playing pirates or something (who knows what it was...) and asked if she could mess up the couch. "No thank you" I said. "Please can I mess up the couch?!" she asks again. "No." "Just let me do what I want to do..." "I said no, Mariah." Pause. "Well Jesus said that you have to let me do what I want." Muffled laughter from me. Then I went on to explain that we shouldn't pretend to be Jesus and that He sent her to me to be her Mommy and help her.

Is she too smart for her own good or what? What four-year-old comes up with this kind of idea?!? I have to give her credit though... she got a good laugh out of me. And I had to share it, it was too good not to.

1 comments:

lanelle17 said...

How cute she is... Allie asked me this morning if I was young. I said "NO, I just had a birthday, so I am getting older." So she says... "Oh, so now you can go to heaven?"...

Huh? I'm not THAT old, geez!!

Dang, they say some wierd stuff sometimes... and FUNNY!!