
Wow did Halloween sneak up on me this year!! Am I the only one? The week of was completely jam packed with stuff stuff stuff... and all of the sudden the time was here to get dressed up and go hunting for candy!
It all began on Monday when we went to the library where the kids went trick-or-treating around the books and then finished off the evening with a fun storytime. Mariah dressed up as a princess/fairy/ballerina and Robbie was a prison inmate (Mariah's costume from two years ago!). I don't have any pictures from that night... whoops!
Friday was our church's Halloween party. As we were getting ready for the party, I heard a strange sound outside the door. I went out to the living room to see Mariah with the biggest smile on her face. "What was that noise?" I asked and she just smiled and said, "Daddy!" I looked out the door and sure enough, there was Josh! I guess he got work off for Friday and Saturday at the last minute and decided to come and surprise us. He also surprised Mariah with a brand new fairy butterfly costume! Josh threw on his outfit from 2 years ago, also a prison inmate like Robbie, I threw on Rashauna's high school soccer attire, we called it good and headed to the party.
They had tons of fun stuff for the kids to do and Mariah was in heaven playing and running around with all of her friends. Robbie usually doesn't do so well in loud, crowded areas so it wasn't a surprise that he just wanted to be outside away from the commotion. Thank goodness Josh was there to hang out with Robbie because he was not a happy camper that night! Some of my friends and I were in charge of the cake walk and that was really fun. Mariah won some super yummy sugar cookies for us!! Thanks Mariah! And speaking of winning, Josh somehow got talked into entering the pie eating contest and won 1st place!! So we also have a nice trophey and another... pie to show for it! (Just what he wanted to eat I'm sure...).
Saturday (which was actually Halloween) our friends had a Halloween birthday party for their son (also Mariah's future hubby...). Before that though, we had yet another birthday party at our house for MeMe (big Mariah) and Jae, Tina's fiance. Rashauna made an awesome cake for them and we ordered the yummiest pizza EVER!! It's called Scratch Pizza. Man am I happy to announce that I found a replacement for Pizza Plus in Hilmar... Josh says he still likes them better though... but they have my vote!
So after the birthday party and a mean game of Cranium we said good-bye to Josh's fam and got all dressed up again - Josh and Robbie still as inmates, Mariah as the most adorable black cat and me as a desperate housewife (not really a costume, I know...). We had fun at the party, hanging out with friends and letting the kids destroy the place. The we all caravaned out to a neighborhood and went Trick-or-Treating. Mariah had such a good time and was so polite, making sure to say 'thank you' every time. Robbie, not so much. Once again, so grateful Josh was there to help!!
I think that about sums up our crazy Halloween... Hope everyone had a good one. Now on to Thanksgiving and Christmas - can you even believe it's that time of year again???




1 comments:
No- I totally cannot believe that it is time for Thanksgiving and Christmas!! Where has this year gone? You guys look adorable in all your halloween costumes. I think that Robbie should have to wear that outfit everyday though- ha ha ha... Just Joking:) Miss you guys LOTS!!!!
Post a Comment