So you were probably thinking this was going to be some sweet, spiritual post didn't you? Well don't get your hopes up. I had to share this story because I thought it was so funny and didn't want to forget it. I even went to the extent of writing it down right after it happened.
So today at lunch I was giving the kiddos their food when Mariah said, "Don't forget prayer Mom!" So she said the sweetest prayer for us. She thanked Jesus for all the things he created in the world, for the food he created, for always telling us what to do, for all the toys Santa brings, etc. I mean, really precious prayer. My eyes were a bit watery afterwards...
Then after about 1 minute she says, "I want to say my own prayer. That was a prayer I said for all of us and now I'm going to say one for me." Then she proceeded to pray:
"Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for creating Mariah Carey.
Thank you for making our whole world.
Thank you for creating our bones.
Thank you for all the police officers.
And thank you for everything else.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Oh! And thank you for the birds. Amen."
Thursday, September 10, 2009
the prayer of a child
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
So cute.
Thanks for the good laugh. Gotta love the shout out to Mariah Carey.
Sweet, funny, cute, tender and you are right...one you don't want to forget. Mariah Carey...hilarious.
Post a Comment