Friday, September 25, 2009

grateful...

I don't know what brought this on, but I was just going through all our old blog posts from the beginning. This blog is my journal, really. I don't keep one and I have a terrible memory... so this is it. I should have started earlier.

Anyways, for some reason and I hope I'm not the only loco one, but every time I look at pictures from the past it makes me sad. I guess it's more of a bittersweet feeling, but the bitter part seems to dominate over the sweet. It just gets me thinking about so much, it's overwhelming.

It's been a crazy year for us. So much has happened and changed. For one, I would have NEVER thought in a million years that I'd be living in Tennessee of all places. Not even six months ago would I have thought that. But here we are. And I couldn't be happier. It's such a peaceful feeling knowing that you're where you're supposed to be.

The main thing I keep thinking about though is how grateful I am for my kids. Man are they wild... (I'm reflecting back on bedtime tonight - AGH!) but I would be lost without them. Seriously lost. There's no way I would have had the motivation nor the determination to get through some stuff if it weren't for them. They are my buddies. My best friends. They mean so much to me, just thinking about it makes me wanna cry. I love them with all my heart and just hope that I can raise them right. That I can be more patient. Be understanding and loving... enjoy these crazy years instead of wish they were over. Just be at this place in life and live it to the fullest. Enjoy the great times and survive the hard times...

This all seems like a jumbled mess, but such are my thoughts.

Life is good people. I'm grateful. I'm blessed. The end.

2 comments:

vocalise said...

Because you are so aware of trying to live life to the fullest in the present...you will do better than you think. The time does sneak away. One day you think your life will always be little ones at your feet...and the next they are grown and gone. You are wise to love and appreciate the moments you are in. Very wise.

moorefamily said...

I hear ya girl...