Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cave Trip

We - Josh, me, the kids and Rashauna - took a trip over to some near by caves for a little day trip. I guess some guy just found them many years ago and claimed it. We were very surprised to see that our tour guide was a 13 year old boy! But we were even more surprised to see how knowledgable and mature he was! He knew more about calcium deposits, limestone, bat guano etc. that any one I know! ps: did you know they use bat poop to make several things, one being DORITOS!!!!! I still have to look into that one, but I trust this kid! We had a pretty good time, except that Robbie cried almost the entire time and only wanted ME to carry him... and he's not a petite kids by any means so my back's still a little sore. But it was really fun and educational. Another side note: they used this cave during the civil war as a hospital because of the humidity level and other factors, the air inside the cave completely inhibits the growth of bacteria and infection! You can feel how good the air is when you're down there. Here are some pictures: Mariah checking out stuff in the gift shop
Rashauna rockin the coon hat!
me pretending to like robbie (i'm kidding!!!)
the fam.
me and the kiddos =)

1 comments:

Libby said...

Glad to see you are all together again and were able to take a family trip. I think I will stay away from Doritos now.