Josh's parents came into town and we went over to the Sequoia National Park. It was amazing! Did you know that sequoias are the longest living organisms on the planet and are virtually indestructible? They need fire to germinate their seeds, and over the years have become fire resistant. The pictures just can't capture how great they really are, but I tried my best. The kids had a blast running all over seeing the sites and looking for animals. We spotted a black bear while we were driving through the park and saw a couple chipmunks while walking.
Mariah on top of a "Mountain"
Closeups.
The Drive.
We're finally there!
Nina and the grandkids Papa and Robbie The Davidson fam. Nina and Mariah
Hiking Girl
Josh actually got stuck in this tree!
Mariah and Robbie did so well considering we were in the car for almost two days straight driving to and from and all throughout the park. We did a couple day hikes and saw the largest sequoia in the world and a log cabin. We also saw a beautiful waterfall that my husband decided it would be fun to climb! Luckily he made it back down safely and was able to return home with us...
Can you see him? - He's the little spec on the left...
Your have such cute kids!!!! I know I say that every time but it only because it is so true! Yeah i heard last night that about thanksgiving, and i was a little sad! We are going to mexico, caymen islands and jamica.. I'm exicited but a little disapointed i wan't get to see you all!! but i told Kayla she has to take LOTS of pictures!
...which paths we take, what we look back on, and what we look forward to is up to us. We determine our destination, what kind of road we will take to get there, and how happy we are when we get there.
1 comments:
Your have such cute kids!!!! I know I say that every time but it only because it is so true! Yeah i heard last night that about thanksgiving, and i was a little sad! We are going to mexico, caymen islands and jamica.. I'm exicited but a little disapointed i wan't get to see you all!! but i told Kayla she has to take LOTS of pictures!
Post a Comment